Child Placement • Foster Care Services • Adoption Services • Foster Parent Support & Training
FE works with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) to find forever homes for children whose parental rights have been terminated because of abuse and/or neglect.
FE accommodates families wanting to foster and then adopt as well as those families that desire to adopt children already legally free.
Adoption is a legal, permanent, and lifelong commitment to a child. It is a way to grow your family while also giving a child who previously experienced a traumatic beginning to life a sense of belonging, security, and a family to call their own.
Infancy through 18 years of age
May have special medical, physical, or emotional needs
May belong to any ethnicity or race
May be a part of a sibling group who need to be placed together
If a child meets eligible criteria, the adoptive family may be eligible for paid Adoption Assistance. For the purposes of Adoption Assistance, the criteria for “Special Needs” meets the following criteria:
The child is in the care of DFPS, has not turned 18 years old and meets one of the following conditions:
• The child is at least 6 years old
• The child is part of a minority ethnic group and is at least 2 years old
• The child is part of a sibling group that is being adopted together or is being adopted to join siblings that have previously been adopted
• The child has a physically, mentally, or emotionally handicapping condition as verified in writing by a physician
• The child qualifies to receive SSI benefits for disability
LET US HELP YOU ENRICH YOUR FAMILY THROUGH ADOPTION
TOGETHER WE WILL PROVIDE CHILDREN WITH A LOVING FOREVER HOME.
All content in this web site copyright © 2015 Families Especial. All rights reserved.Web site design by: Jason Roberts & Associates, Inc. • San Antonio, Texas